Environmental, Safety & Sustainability
AWS was founded in 1993 with a focus on providing manufacturing and commercial clients with safe and dependable environmental solutions. As we’ve grown over the last 20 years, this focus has also grown. Today, we lead the industry with our proven service solutions, our sophisticated treatment and recycling technologies and our safety training and safety metric results. We’ve found that our business is best served when we best serve our client, our community and our environment.
Advanced Waste Services provides clients with safe, environmentally conscious and resource-maximizing solutions.
Our Environmental, Safety & Sustainability Facts
- We recycle more than 80 million gallons of wastewater annually.
- We reclaim and reuse more than 100,000 gallons of hazardous chemicals in our water treatment and recycling processes.
- We operate a fleet of Clean Idle Tractors, each of which eliminates an amount of airborne CO2 and Nitrous Oxide equivalent to 42 older trucks.
- We recover and manufacture more than 500,000 gallons of oil annually from the wastewater we treat.
- Our employees receive a minimum of 25 hours of training annually in OSHA, DOT and Hazardous Material.
- We invest more than $250,000 annually in employee training.
- Our Key Safety Performance Indicators are 50% better than the Industry Average.